The City Planner is available for remote office hours, via phone or email, every Tuesday from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The City Planner can often be reached via email and cell phone Monday through Friday.
The Planning Department facilitates new development consistent with the Ione’s General Plan, Zoning Code, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and other State, Federal and local regulations pertaining to new development activity.
Planning Department services include:
- Providing planning and zoning information to the general public and development community over the counter, by phone, mail and e-mail, as requested.
- Accepting, processing, analyzing and evaluating both public and private planning applications for conformance with the City's General Plan, Zoning Code, Land Division Code, CEQA, and other State and local planning regulations.
- Providing feedback to surrounding jurisdictions on planning applications involving land outside Ione’s jurisdiction that may impact our community.
- Maintaining and updating the General Plan, Zoning Code, and other planning-related documents.
- Co-administration with the Building and Engineering Departments of Title 16 (Land Division) and Title 18 (Environmental Protection).
Please see the City’s Forms and Permits page for the planning forms, including the application for planning-related entitlements, the application submittal checklist, the creative sign program application, the sign permit application, and the tree removal application.
Please note that the City Planner is available to discuss any potential application and identify submittal requirements, including applicable fees, prior to your formal submittal of an application. Just call or email the City Planner and request a pre-application meeting.
- City of Ione General Plan
- City of Ione Zoning Code
- City of Ione Zoning Map
- Ione Downtown Plan
- City of Ione Planning and Development Framework: This document, prepared in 2008, outlines the entire planning process from start to finish, including application requirements and how review is completed. Please note that this document will be updated following the SB 2 Focused General Plan and Zoning Code Update.