Things to Do
Ione's Gold Country location provides a convenient central point for exploring the local countryside. Ione is surrounded by gently rolling hills, cattle ranches and farms, and fish-filled lakes. Within the city of Ione itself, there are lots of activities, things to do and places to stay.
- Castle Oaks Golf Club
- Ione Methodist Church, known as "The Cathedral of the Motherlode", California Historical Landmark #506.
- Ione Homecoming "Mutton Bustin"
- Clarks Corner Bike Challenge
- Barrel Racing at the Equestrian Complex
- Ione Marlins Team
- Tours at Preston Castle
- Pumpkin weigh-in at Ione Harvest Fair
- Ione Fire Department Santa Truck