COVID-19 UPDATE: TheCity of Ione and Coastland team is working remotely in accordance with the shelter-in-place directives. We will remain accessible via emai:
Please send electronic permit applications to email@example.com
Electronic submittal procedures-Click Here
Virtual inspection procedures- Click Here
Scheduling a Building Inspection
It is the property owner's responsibility to make sure that all required inspections are made on a project, including both in-progress inspections and the final inspection. The contractor, however, may schedule the inspections and be the one on-site for each one.
To schedule a building inspection:
- In person: visit us at 1 Main St Ione Ca.
- By phone: 209-274-2412, Ext. 114
For non-inspection contact: 209-274-2412, Ext. 114
After hour inspection request:
We provide after-hours inspections for your convenience. There is an extra fee for this service and must be approved.
Re-inspections and Correction Notices
If permit work does not pass inspection the first time, a re-inspection is necessary. As part of the inspection, applicants receive a correction notice from the inspector. Once those corrections have been made, the customer must reschedule an inspection. A re-inspection fee and other charges for the new scope of the permit would be required.
Frequently Used Building Forms and Checklists:
- Master Fee Schedule Effective July 30, 2018
- Building Permit Application
- Building Permit Application Checklist
- Photovoltaic Solar Checklist
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm Self-Certification Affidavit
- City Zoning Map
- Backup Generator Plan Submittal Requirements